20/02/2011

Camberwell Residents Home | 1st weeks work

Day 5. I have completely misunderstood how long it takes to paint!!! But this is just something I must accept and learn from. I am not going to rush this job, it is a permanent feature and permanently in the residents lives, so I want to do as good a job as possible, I won't be happy otherwise. So my game plan is for the reminiscence room to be completed by Friday 25th February. I have got a busy week working on Logo Designs/ Business Cards/ Camberwell Residents Home/ Work for Barcelona Book fair. So hopefully up dates of everything should appear at some point this week.

I have started getting to know the residents and workers at the home and they are all lovely people, and I'm getting some great memories and stories from this project. Asal and Mr Khan, two of the residents, have taught me that having an occupation/ routine to your day is really important. So I want to try and give the residents something that they can all do and get involved in. Asal loves polishing brass objects, is polite, says the best things about life are good health and an occupation. Mr.Khan used to work for the post office for 17 years and would like to start up his own post office- even though he is in his 90s. I feel like there could be a sorting out job that he would love to do. But need to integrate these things into the home.