14/02/2011

Camberwell Residents Home | Initial OS map drawing

Before

After 4/5 hours
Okay it was my first day painting and getting my plans put into action at Camberwell Residents Home today. This room used to be the quiet room but is now being transformed into a reminiscence room. The idea is to paint an OS style map onto the wall circa late 1800s- early 1900s. I spent the day drawing up an OS map onto the wall in pencil- still needs work. And I've just started painting this now, as shown above. There will be facts about the local area around the room for residents to look at and be reminded of their era. Brass objects and other objects from the residents era shall be placed in this room. It may not look like a lot has been done but should start to come together tomorrow. I want this done within the next few days as there is a lot of work to be done! Added note this has been painted in a dark brown as I felt black may be too harsh on some of the residents retinas.